Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's Been Going On.

So I have been meaning to post these next pictures for almost two weeks now. One picture is from the Valentine's Day party that my oldest had at her school, and the other pictures are from the Fat Tuesday fest I had with some friends. I really did mean to blog about them, but other posts got in their way. What can I say, sometimes I have too much for the week, and other times (like today) I haven't got squat. I figure today was better late then never for these guys, so here they are for your viewing pleasure.

First up, the Fat Tuesday fest of little desserts.



This is a Donut Muffin. These are super simple and pretty tasty. I covered mine in cinnamon sugar, but I'm thinking you could also roll them in powdered sugar, or cover them in a chocolate glaze. I'm planning on trying that sometime soon and will post the recipe and results then.

Here we have one of my favorites, Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons. I used to make these all the time at the catering company I worked at. The recipe is pretty simple too, they are just a little time consuming to make because they are shaped by hand (and I used to make hundreds of these a week). There is a recipe for these, but I have made them so much, I don't even measure anymore. If you would like to make them, here is the base recipe and then you can change as you wish.



Coconut Macaroon



6 T evaporated milk

3 cups flaked coconut

1 egg, beaten



Preheat oven to 375.



Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Shape by hand into small balls. Place on a greased baking sheet sprinkled with flour.



Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and then dip bottoms in chocolate.



These next goodies where kind of made up on the fly. I had come across a recipe for a Chocolate Ganache Cherry Macaroon Tart, and took parts of it to come up with these Chocolate Cherry Tarts. They were nice, but I don't think they were any one's favorites. Back to the drawing board for these guys.


Here we have Cake Bites that were shaped like little cupcakes. I believe these won hands down as everyone's favorite. I found this recipe on Bakerella's blog, and they have been big hits every time I make them. All you need for these is a cake, some frosting of your choosing and some chocolate for coating. I could give directions on how to make these, but I will give the link to Bakerella's site so you can have exact directions on how to make them. http://www.bakerella.com/cupcake-bites-made-easy/



These are Brownies Bites with Chocolate Frosting. You can never go wrong with brownies, and they make up so nice when you do them in mini size.

If your teeth aren't hurting yet from all the sugar, I have one more treat to share with you. For Samantha's school Valentine's Day party, I made sugar cookies for all the kids.



I decided to practise the flooding technique again with these cookies. While the icing was still wet, I added the red dots of royal icing so the dots would blend with the background. They came out nice and I hope all the kids enjoyed them.


Well, there you have it. What I have been doing along with the other post of the past couple weeks. Busy, busy busy. And the next two weeks are going to be more of the same, so stay tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment