Wednesday, August 1, 2012

When Recipes Attack

So I'm back now. I really didn't mean to take the last two weeks off, but the time got away from me. This post is dedicated to all my friends who think they can never make the perfect cookies like they believe I make. Making treats may come easier for me because I have been doing it for so long. Even before I worked in the profession, I baked cookies and created cakes. It's in my blood...my Mom bakes, my Grandmothers baked, and I baked with them. And there are those times when a recipe just doesn't turn out like I hoped or planned. Even though my friends may not believe me, it has happened more then once. Take the cookies below. One day I felt like baking pretty much just to create something. So I checked out what I had in my pantry and thought Rocky Road cookies would be fun ( and tasty) to make. My recipe was to take a chocolate cookie recipe I have featured on here and then add marshmallows, chocolate chips and cocoa dusted almonds. Sounds yummy right? And they were, but some of the cookies didn't not come out looking all that great. My evidence is below.
My cookies that came out looking nice and ready for the camera.
My cookies who were not ready for their close-up.
See, proof that even trained chefs can make mistakes. I hope this post helps shows that anyone can make mistakes and that anyone can create something delicious and ready to serve. And I hope it motivates anyone reading this to go out and try, experiment and just have fun, because even though the cookies didn't look great, it sure didn't stop my family from eating them all up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment