Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tease Revealed

Remember this picture from last week?



Well, I'm here to show you the rest of it. As some of you guess, I was making something with a John Deere Theme. I know a tractor, which my nephew would love, was guess, but it was actually a John Deere Gator. Jodi, one of the Moms from my playgroup, asked if I could make a cake with a boy riding the gator for her son Alex's 4th birthday. She sent me a picture of Alex on his and armed with that and what I know about John Deere gators (which I must say is very little right now, I came up with the following cake.



Here is fondant Alex riding the fondant gator. The cake was covered in vanilla buttercream and I used buttercream to pipe the grass.



I covered the cake board with fondant and then added the fondant fence as a border. At the last minute, I added some fondant lady bugs, to add a little splash of color, but didn't get a new picture.



Along with the cake, I made some cupcakes for the party guest to enjoy. Happy Birthday Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment