Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumped for Pie

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I decided to make today's post about pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie, yet only really eat it this time of year. It is also a tradition of mine, thanks to my wonderful Poppop, to have a slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast the following day. This year, my parents, as they have done in past years, came to visit for an early Thanksgiving celebration. I made the usual...turkey, stuffing, corn, mashed potatoes and pie. But this year my oldest declared the pie I had made boring. She thought it needed decorating, so I obliged. I pulled out my stash of marshmallow fondant and my fall cookie cutters and away we went.

I cut out some little acorns and started painting them with some food coloring.
I liked how the brown and green looked here.
My oldest, Samantha, was in charged of painting the leaves. I gave her some red, orange and yellow food coloring to play with. She quite enjoyed herself.

I arranged our creations on the pie, and voila...

a non boring pumpkin pie. Now as for the recipe, I have to admit I used Pillsbury pre-made pie crust and followed the recipe on the back of the can of pumpkin puree. It tasted great if I do say so myself.
I wish you all a Happy Holiday filled with loved ones and yummy pie! Happy Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment