Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Boo, Meow and Jack

With yesterday being Halloween, I volunteered to bring a sweet treat to my oldest daughter's Halloween school party. I went back and forth on what I should make, and then with time running out, finally decided. Long long time ago I bought a small Wilton Halloween cookie cutter set. I believe I only used it once before this, so after dusting it off, I got to baking. I made 6 dozen sugar cookies in three different shapes. And let me tell you, my daughter was worried that the 6 dozen cookies would not be enough for herself and her 13 other classmates. Thankfully it was plenty. After the cookies were cool, I iced them with some royal icing and then added a few touches to finish them off.

Here is the plate of cookies at school ready for the kids.

The ghosts were my favorites to look at, not my favorite to ice.

Black cats and... jack o'lanterns to round out the group. The kids loved them all. Hope everyone had a fun and happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment