Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mini Mes

With summer vacation winding down and school supplies bought, I thought it would be a good idea to post some ice cream related goodies to savor the final days. I actually made these treats back in May for my daughter Samantha to take into celebrate her birthday. Being that she is a summer baby, she can either celebrate her birthday at school on her half birthday, or pick a day at the end of the school year. Well, her half birthday is Valentine's Day, so end of school it is. Samantha had asked for cake pops to share, and I ran with that, making them a little on the fun side by having them look like ice cream cones.
I found the mini wafer cones at my local food store.  I made the cake pops like I always do.  I dipped the tops of the cones in some melted chocolate and placed the cake ball on top to help secure it down.
Then after I knew the cake balls were set on the cones, I dipped them into my melted chocolate and topped that off with some sprinkles.
I made the cherries out of fondant to finish the cones off.  The kids all loved them and I had one very happy little girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment