Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Cake Blues

For this week's blog, I once again got to go under the sea. Birthday girl Lizzie told her Mom Sharon, that she wanted a cake with Ariel the Little Mermaid on it. And not only did she want Ariel, but she wanted the cake to be blue inside and out. I decided to make a Kool-aid cake to achieve the blue color without killing it with food coloring. To make Ariel and Flounder for the cake, I used marshmallow fondant. I also used the fondant to make some coral and seaweed to decorate the sides.


Blue buttercream covering a blue cake.
After cutting all the pieces out of fondant, I used a food coloring markers to outline Ariel and Flounder. I added candy pearls to make bubbles.

Bright color coral and seaweed to complete the sides.







Under the Sea for birthday girl Lizzie!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness,

    I know you are good at your craft, Kris, but this just blows me away!!! How wonderful! I'll bet Lizzie loved it. Your completely unbiased MOM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete