Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Super Dessert

First I must start out by saying I had planned to do a little more with my dessert for the Super Bowl, but this past weekend brought a lot of changes at our house. Instead of having a busy weekend full of parties and friends, we had a weekend of hospitals and surgery. My husband had his gall bladder removed on Saturday. This was in no way planned, and a total surprise to both of us. I am happy to report that everything went great, and he is recovering nicely. With him at the hospital, I also got to spend my day there, so nothing got done at home for our Super Bowl party. Yes, believe it our not, we still had the party. Crazy, I know, but true. So Sunday morning before picking him up from the hospital, I threw together the dessert. You might remember from a previous post, me talking about making dirt dessert. Before, I made it with white chocolate pudding and vanilla wafers to make it look like sand (or desert as I was calling it). Well this time around, I decided to make turf. I figured it was only right with the big game and all. So this dirt dessert was made with chocolate pudding and crushed Oreos. Below is the recipe, which you can adjust to make whatever flavor or look you want, and a picture of the finish product (in my rush to get things done on Sunday, I only got one photo).

Dirt Dessert

1 package instant pudding
1 1/2 c milk
8 oz cool whip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 package Oreos, crushed

Prepare the pudding mix with the milk. Set aside.
Whip the softened cream cheese, and then combine with the cool whip.
Stir the cool whip mixture into the pudding.

Layer dirt filling and crushed cookies in a pan, making sure to end with a layer of cookies.


Now to make the turf, I took some sugar cookie dough, dyed it green, and then baked it off. After that, I crushed it just like the other cookies, and I then had my field, or turf. The lines on the field, I just piped royal icing to create half a football field. I bet players wouldn't mind a face plant into this turf.

No comments:

Post a Comment