Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where the Wild Things Are

I meant to post this entry last week, I swear. Then before I knew it, it was the next week. Then I meant to have it all typed up on Monday so I could post it on the very busy Tuesday I had scheduled, but that didn't happen. And well, Tuesday, let's just forget that idea. So anyway, here I am on Wednesday posting. Back in December, my friend Jess asked if I could make some cupcakes, smash cake and cake pops for her little monster who was turning one. She was going with a monster theme for Vincent's big day. So always up for a challenge I said yes and happily started decorating based on the napkin she was using at the party.
For the cake pops, I made three different flavors and then decorated them to resemble monsters (and so people would be able to know which flavor was which). There was orange cake pops dipped in white chocolate, chocolate cake pops (with the green eyes) and almond joy cake pops, one of Jess' favorites.

The colors in the napkin were fun and bright. Oranges, greens, blues and purples. I made this guy up with a little bit of each monster.

For the cupcakes, I went with the four monsters on the napkin. I used the colors and then tried to decorate the cupcake as close as possible to the design using Skittles, fondant, marshmallows and white chocolate.

Here's my collection of monsters all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment