Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Since we here in Wisconsin, are having yet another snow storm and my friends and family out East are getting slammed by yet another snow storm, I thought today's post was appropriate. A couple weeks ago, after a snow fall, the kids and I made some snow ice cream. I had never heard of snow ice cream until last year. And I had never attempted snow ice cream until now. It was pretty easy and pretty tasty.






Start with 6-8 cups of newly fallen snow, 8 ounces whipping cream, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Mix the cream, sugar and vanilla together until the sugar dissolves.
Pour the cream mixture over the snow and stir with a spoon until creamy. Add more snow if needed to get the right texture and it resembles ice cream.
Serve immediately. We made ours into sundaes with some chocolate sauce and sprinkles.
I should have added some more snow to my ice cream. It melted pretty fast, but the kids really didn't seem to mind one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment