Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum

Last Tuesday my husband texted me to let me know he needed a dessert for work on Thursday. They we having a special lunch that day where they could wear Hawaiian shirts and shorts in honor of the party. Since cake pops are relatively easy to make and I had the supplies on hand to whip them up, that is what I went with. But I didn't make the standard chocolate cake pops this time, this time I had more fun with them. Having the island theme already established, I chose to make, what I like to call, some Pina Colada Cake Pops, and here is how I did it.

I started with a pineapple cake mix. Yep, I was short on time and need something easy, so a boxed cake mix came to my rescue. When I went to make the cake pop mix, instead of using frosting as a binder, I used rum. I knew these pops were for adults only, so I figured why not. Now, I didn't measure the amount I put in, but I will say it wasn't a whole lot and no one would ever get drunk off these cake pops. It was just enough rum to help hold the cake together. Next I dipped the pops in some white chocolate and sprinkled them generously with some coconut. Here is the end result...
(purse and Aloha bracelet not included.)

No comments:

Post a Comment