Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ironing out a Cookie

Last week, my husband's work had a lunch at work that required me to whip up some dessert. Sometimes, they have themes for their lunches, and this time it was a Waffle Bar Brunch. At first, I had no idea what to make, but then, thanks to Pinterest (again), I had my answer.
I found a recipe for really simple cookies to make and I thankfully had all the ingredients I needed. The special trick with these cookies is that they are made in a waffle iron.
Chocolate Waffle Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
4 eggs
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
Preheat your waffle iron.
Cream together the butter, sugar and salt. Then beat in the eggs until well incorporated. Mix in cocoa powder and vanilla extract. At last, add the flour and mix until just combined.
I did spray the iron with some cooking spray, but I'm not sure I really needed to. Using a 1 ounce scoop, I put my batter in my waffle iron, shut the lid and "baked" for 90 seconds.
You could even go a little less on the time with the cookies being this small. After they are done simply remove the waffle cookies with a small spatula, let the cookies cool on a wire rack, and start all over again.
The recipe I was following decorated the cookies with some chocolate frosting. I decided to make a chocolate chip cookie dough dip (that I also found thanks to Pinterest) to go with these cookies. Also you can use a larger scoop to make these cookies, and once I had enough to send with my husband, I did use one to finish off the batter. Next week I plan to share the recipe for the dip, so stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment