Thursday, October 3, 2013

Love is in the air!

Ten years ago I meet my brother inlaw Dan at my brother inlaw Mark and sister inlaw Maureen's wedding. This past Saturday, I had the privilege to make the cake for his marriage to my new sister inlaw Melanie. I was so honored that this wonderful couple asked me to make something so important for their big day. In a previous post, I described their cake tasting. Below is the cake we came up with together.

The cake itself was a couple of flavors.  The bottom tier was chocolate with a chocolate fudge and raspberry filling.  The next tier was almond with caramel buttercream and raspberry filling, followed by a tier of lemon poppyseed cake with vanilla buttercream and raspberry filling.  And their anniversary layer was chocolate cake with coffee buttercream and raspberry filling.
The whole cake was covered in marshmallow fondant with fondant pearls.  The wedding topper was Melanie's grandmother's.
I did brushed embroidery detailing in an ivory royal icing on the sides of the cake.
This little cake has a special little story.  Dan wanted the wedding's colors to be camouflage...Melanie said no.  Dan wanted one of the tiers to be decorated in camouflage...Melanie and I said no.  So, to get Dan his camo, Melanie and I talked about a grooms cake for him. I guarantee Melanie that the cake would be decorated to match the elegance she envision for their big day.
 
Dan is an avid hunter, so to make a cake that truly represented him, I had to put deer on it. And once he cut into his cake, Dan finally got the camouflage he wanted at his wedding. Sadly, I do not have a picture of the inside, but my brother inlaw knew instantly why this little cake was made just for him.
Congratulations to the beautiful couple and thank you again for letting me be a part of your special day!  Love you both!

1 comment:

  1. Your talents have graced another special occasion. Each cake is more beautiful and creative than the last.

    Love, Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete