Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Love is still in the air!

Five days after I finished the wedding cake for my brother inlaw and new sister inlaw, I had another family member to make a cake for. This time it was for my husband's cousin Lynn and her fiancé Jason. They were having a much larger wedding than my brother inlaw, but thankfully, only needed a show cake for their reception. They went with a very simple, yet elegant two-tier cake. I honestly thought that the last week of September and the first week of October, would be filled with stress and me cursing up a storm. I am happy to say they were not. Below is the wedding cake I put together for Lynn and Jason.

The bottom tier was lemon poppyseed with a raspberry filling. The anniversary tier was chocolate with raspberry and chocolate fudge filling. The whole cake was covered in a vanilla buttercream.

I am very proud to say that these flowers came from my garden and that I was able to dry them successfully for the occasion. Anyone who knows me knows I do not have a green thumb or much gardening knowledge, so this is truly something.

The bride and groom supplied the cake toppers, which worked perfectly with the cake and their décor. I am happy to say, that Lynn said the cake was exactly what she envisioned. Can't get a better complement than that. Congratulations Lynn and Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment