Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby I'm a Star

Yes, I know I said I would be posting every Tuesday. And yes, I know it's Wednesday, and late in the day on Wednesday to boot. But life has just been so busy for me as of late that I totally forgot to blog yesterday. Funny how life gets in the way of blogging sometimes. Anyway, I had two orders again this past week. And once again they were two very different orders. I have one here to show you today. I'm saving the other for next week because as of right now, I have nothing to write about or show you next Tuesday (and I promise I will do my best to post next Tuesday). My friend Aimee asked me to make some cookies for her son Josh. Last week was his star week at his school, and she wanted something to pass out for all the kids to take home with them. So to celebrate Josh being a star, I made him shooting star cookies.





I used the flooding technique to ice the cookies. Here's my outline all ready to go.

I filled the star with white royal icing...but I didn't stop there.


I colored some royal icing and the piped on the different colors in a bulls-eye pattern. But I still didn't stop there.


I then pulled a toothpick through the wet icing to create a spiderweb effect. This is very easy to do and people love the way it looks. Simply start in the center and lightly drag the toothpick through your icing.


To finish off the cookies, I colored more royal icing and filled in the shooting part of the star. When that icing was dry, I used a food coloring marker to add the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment