Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Banana Nana Fofana

A few weekends ago, my oldest asked if we could make something fun. Fun for me is baking, so I decided we would do that. I had two very nicely ripen bananas, plus one more in the freezer, which was just enough to make some banana muffins. To make them even more fun, I decided to make them dark chocolate, because as we all know chocolate is way more fun!

I found the banana muffin recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. This is the book I won from Beantown Baker a few years back. To make it chocolate, I simply substituted some flour with cocoa. Here is the recipe I used.

Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins

1 c Flour
3/4c Cocoa (I used Premium Cocoa which is a mixed of natural and Dutched Process Cocoa)
1/3 c Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 c Milk
1/4 c Cooking Oil
3/4 c Mashed Banana
1/4 c Dark Chocolate Chips


Streusel Topping

In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons flour, 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.


Preheat oven to 350 and grease twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups. Do not use paper bake cups.

Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In another bowl combine egg, milk and oil. Add the egg mixture into the flour mix and stir until just moistened. Stir in banana and chocolate chips.
Scoop batter into muffin tins and top with streusel topping.

Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool for about 5 minutes, then serve warm.

Maybe with a nice cup of tea.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment