Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu

Last night we went to a farewell party for our dear friends Stephanie, Michael and their adorable little girl Ellie. They are leaving our fun group here in Green Bay because Michael finally was given the promotion he deserved at work. And while we are all sad to see them go, we couldn't be happier for them. I made the cake for the party which was Dark Chocolate with Chocolate filling and Vanilla Buttercream. Lately on the blogs I read, I have been seeing black and white cakes with cool geometric design on them. I have to say I am always mesmerized by these cakes and have been wanting to make one myself. Stephanie is my young hipper friend (she gets me carded at ballparks when we go!) and I thought she would really like this design.

Extreme close up!!! I love the pattern created by just some simple pieces.

The cake says it all...we will truly miss our friends and wish them the best in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment