Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Resolution

Can you believe today is the last day of January? I know I can't. This month flew on by I swear. In the begin of the new year, the family and I (and by that I mean me) decided to reduce the amount of sweet and tasty (also know as high fat, high calorie)goodies in the house in an effort to eat healthy. And also to lose this fat I carry around that I can no longer call baby fat since my youngest is going to be 4 this year. Now my kiddos all have a major sweet tooth, just like their momma, so I decided to try and make a snack for them that satisfied both the sweet and healthier eating. I give you chocolate covered frozen bananas.

You can make bigger sizes of frozen bananas, I just chose to make slices for easy little pick them up snacks. I have also seen these guys done by spreading some peanut butter on top of the banana, freezing and then covering in chocolate. All I did here was freeze the banana for about 10 minutes just to make it easier to dip. While they were in the freezer, I melted some chocolate, and then using a spoon and a dipping fork, I covered the banana slice. Easy peasy right!?

I used the dipping fork to remove the banana from it's chocolate bath, tapping the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any extra chocolate.


I placed the covered slices on a cookie tray lined with wax paper. At this point you could sprinkle some nuts or jimmies to fancy the slices up. Then back in the freezer they go until the chocolate is set or you are ready to eat them.

The ones with the sprinkles were for the kids, the plain ones were for my husband and myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment