Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Splish Splash

I have had a couple of cake pops orders lately, so I decided to feature one of them today. My friend Carson's son just turned four. And for his pool party, he asked his Mom to order cake pops to give as a favor. At first the cake pops were just going to be blue to match the pool water. Then I thought maybe I could make them into fish or starfish, but that felt more beachy than pool to me. (I know, I'm crazy). So I ended up making beach balls. I know, also beachy, but you are more likely to find a beach ball at a pool then you are a starfish right?


I made my basic chocolate cake pop and dipped them in white chocolate. Then I colored some marshmallow fondant red, blue, and yellow, and using a small cookie cutter, created the stripes on the ball. After that, I use a small round cutter to finish off the tops and the bottoms.


I was a little worried they weren't going to look right until half way through making them, my 5 year old came up and told me were cool looking beach balls. Success!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris,

    These pops are really neat! I hope the birthday boy liked them! You are really very creative, my girl. Love ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete