Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's a brownie, no it's a cookie, no wait...

it's a brookster! Don't worry, I haven't gone off the deep end (yet). This is a real thing created by William-Sonoma. They sell the mix and pan to create the yummy combo of brownie and chocolate chip cookie. I don't have a William-Sonoma store real close by, and didn't feel like paying shipping on something I could create with things I have at home, so I went looking for recipes online. To make a brookster you need a brownie recipe (can be from a box) and a chocolate chip cookie recipe (I used NestlĂ©'s). You will also need a cupcake pan and a little time. First, make you cookie dough and refrigerate for at least a hour. Next, mix up you brownies and scoop them into a prepared cupcake pan. You'll want to fill the pans up only half way, leaving room for the cookie dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. While this is chilling, use a scoop to measure out the cookie dough. Roll into a ball, and then flatten into a disk. Place the disc on top of the brownie mix. Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes. Let cool, and then enjoy.

Next time I make these, I might even try topping them with some ice cream and hot fudge sauce to make a sundae, and really blow the old diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment