Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Doc is in

If you don't watch Disney, you may not recognize who this cake represents. Thankfully my kids do, and they instantly told me who the cake was. If my kids know what I was going for with a cake, I assumed I did a good job, and that always makes me happy. My neighbor Melissa asked me to make a cake for her daughter's 5th birthday. Madelyn is a big fan of the Disney show Doc McStuffins. I know a little about this show, thanks to my kids, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to recreate the characters in fondant well enough to do justice. So I went a slightly different route to represent the main character of Doc McStuffins.

If you have seen the show, you knows she wears a striped purple shirt, a pink skirt and her doctor's coat. Also she has a magical stethoscope, that brings her stuff animals and toys to life.  This cake was fun to create, and came out exactly how I envisioned it, which also always makes me happy.  Happy 5th birthday Madelyn!

1 comment:

  1. Kris, I am glad you explained. I have no idea about this character. You did a wonderful job, as usual!!! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete