Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Don't fear the creeper

One of Samantha's classmates had his birthday back in early June, and his Mom asked if I could help out with the cake. She told me she normally makes the cake, but this year he wanted a design that had fondant on it, and she wasn't sure she would be able to make it. Now I should tell you, his theme was Minecraft, which I know nothing about.  Making cakes can sure has opened up my horizons. :) After looking at some cakes online and talking with his Mom as to what the birthday boy wanted, I was ready to dive in. The shape of the cake was based on another cake the birthday boy had picked out. The decorating of the cake was based on the basis of the game itself.
If you don't know Minecraft (like me) this little guy is called a Creeper.  He may look cute, (cause hey, he's made of fondant and how can that be scary, right?)  but apparently he is dangerous and hostile in the world of Minecraft

Here is the cake. I must say it is one of the most interesting shapes I have ever tackled. The cake was marble with a very yummy raspberry filing. I was told by the birthday boy's Mom, that they loved the cake and the birthday boy was thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment