Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lights, Camera, Ice Cream

Back in June after I made my son's birthday cake, my daughter's classmate's birthday cake and my friend's nephew's graduation cake,  I did something that scared the living h-e-
double hockey sticks out of me.  I went on a morning show to demonstrate two recipes.  I got the call, or really the facebook message, back in May, but wasn't able to schedule a time until June.  It took me a bit to figure out what I was going to make, and then it hit me.  I needed to do something that screamed summer, was easy and didn't require an oven, cause who wants to turn an oven on in the summer heat.  My first recipe is for an ice cream pie.  I like this one because you can make it with whatever flavors you choose.  Change the cookies you use, go crazy with the ice cream flavor, add fresh fruit on top to make it slightly healthy.  This recipe came to be as I was talking with my sister inlaw about what she was going to make for her boyfriend, for his birthday cake.  I was telling her how easy ice cream cakes can be, until we realized she didn't have the proper pan for it.  When she told me she owned a pie pan, we switched the recipe.  And viola, the birth of our ice cream pie recipe. 


Ice Cream Pie

Crust 1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Crunchies 1 1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs 1 bottle Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
1 half gallon ice cream, softened


Combine cookie crumbs and butter together and press into a 8 inch pie pan.  Place in refrigerator to set.
Combine cookie crumbs and Magic Shell Topping. Spread half of the softened ice cream into the pie shell. Layer the crunchies, spreading evenly over the ice cream. Cover with remaining softened ice cream. Let pie set up for at least a hour before serving.

Hope you enjoy your ice cream pie, sorry no pictures...stress makes me forget. ;)  Would love to hear the combination of anyone would makes the pie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment