Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Flowers

My middle child Mackenzie recently graduated from preschool. So I needed a gift for her teachers.

This is what I had to work with. What to make, what to make...

Oh yeah, I had some cake pops too. Mackenzie's teachers fell in love with the cake pops last year when they had my oldest daughter Samantha. They were pretty happy to find out they had Mackenzie this school year so they would still have a chance to have cake pops. (they are also happy that they get next year too with my son) So, with some white chocolate covered cake pops that I sprinkled some pink sugar on, I decided to make the teachers little bouquets of flowers. I cut a slit into the circle to about the middle and then punched a hole. I wrapped the circle around the cake pops and tapped it together and on to the stick.

After that I made eight small triangle cuts to create the pedals. I then rounded the edges to make them look even more like flowers.

I did three fun bright colors (we have had a ton of rain as of late and need any color we can get around here).


I bundled them up and tied some pretty ribbon to finish it off. Mackenzie was happy with the outcome and so were her teachers.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I've been commissioned to make some brownie pops for a Garden Club luncheon that they will be displaying in flower pots. You've just got the wheels turning in my head. I bet the teachers will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm from Philippines! I just started blogging about food. Please follow me and I'll follow you too! :) http://eaternalfeast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete