Saturday, May 14, 2011

So Much in Love

One of my husband's cousins is getting married this summer, and this past weekend was her bridal shower. I was asked if I could make favors that could double as place cards for the party. So I got to thinking what cookie cutter did I have that is approriate for a wedding and big enough to write a name on...

My answer was a wedding cake. After baking and icing the cookies, I piped a white border around the edge. Now I probably could have piped the border first and then do the flooding technique to cover the cookie, but I wanted to make sure that the border was raised higher than the icing. I really wanted it to stand out since it was the same color.




Next I colored some of the royal icing a pistachio green and piped some scroll work in the corner. I love scroll work, don't know why, just do.


Then I used a dab of royal icing to glue a royal icing flower to the cookie. I had all different color flowers to add more interest to the cookies.


Once I had the corners decorated, I wrote a name on each cookie and let the icing dry for 24 hours before I put them in bags and tied them up with pretty ribbons to finish the favors.


Congratulations Erica and Tim! May you have a wonderful life together!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris,

    The cookie/favors/namecards came out just beautiful. I'm certain that the bride will be very happy with them. Love ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete