Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Look Hoo's Having a Baby

This past weekend, we had a surprise baby celebration for our friends who are expecting their third baby. I say baby celebration because it wasn't really a baby shower with gifts and games, just a family bbq with good friends and family. We all had a great time. When my friend was first announcing she was pregnant, she started pinning (on Pinterest of course) adorable things for a nursery. One thing she found was a wall decal of a tree with three owls. Around the same time, I saw this adorable cake that matched the wall decoraction perfectly.   So from that, the owl theme was put into place, with another good friend making the most adorable party invitations (sorry no picture).
Here's the version of the cake I made.   I loved the little owls, and how they sit on top of the tree.  The cake was red velvet and devils food with cream cheese frosting.
I added some fondant bumble bees, flowers, bushes, mushrooms and a bird all around the cake for added fun.


Happy baby number 3 to our good friends. Welcome to the crazy parents club. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment