Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twice as Sweet

A little over a year ago, my friend Jess and her family got a surprise of a lifetime when they discovered their family of four was going to become a family of six. Now their twins, Easton and Giana, are one, and I had the fun task and honor of making their first birthday cake. Jess was a sweetheart, and let me have creative control over the cake. The only thing Jess asked for was for the cake to be split in decoration to represent each twin.   I decided to keep my design a secret and set to making a cake for all.
It was fun to create the very different sides, so the twins each had a unique cake.
I went with baby blue and apple red for Easton.  I love the color combo.
Miss Giana got her girly ruffles in pink and orange for her side.
Jess had mentioned that the twins love pizza, and while she was having a pizza party for their birthday, she didn't want a big pizza cake.  But she did think it would be cute if the smash cakes looked like pizzas.  I agreed and made these little personal pan pizza cakes for them.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! What a cake, Kris. It really shows your inginuity and your craft. I like it! DAD

    ReplyDelete