Tuesday, August 10, 2010

C is for Cookie

We love cookies here at my house. So easy to make and so yummy to eat. Now I live by the rule, if it's not chocolate, why bother. The other day I decided to make some Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies. The recipe I used was right on the back of the Nestle Chocolate Chip bag. Now you may be thinking, the only thing I have seen on the back is therecipe for Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies, and you are right. That's the recipe I used. You see, I learned a trick in culinary school where you can basically turn any regular cookie recipe into a chocolate cookie recipe by substituting some cocoa. Rule of thumb is to replace 1/4-1/3 of the flour with cocoa. Very simple and with great results. Here is the recipe for the cookies pictured below. I halved the original recipe because at the time I just wanted a small batch. So the measurements listed below are for a small batch.



Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies



3/4 c flour

1/4 c plus 2 Tbsp cocoa (I use a mix of natural and Dutched process cocoa)

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1/3 c sugar

1/3 c brown sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 egg

1 1/2 c chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 375.



Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.

Beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.



Scoop out cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 9 to 11 minutes. Cool and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment