Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Moooo...Cow!

That is what my youngest, Riley, said when he saw the latest cake I got to make. Moooo...cow!One of the moms from my playgroup asked me to make a cake for her daughter, who was turning two this past weekend. She didn't have a theme for the party, but did tell me that her daughter was into farm animals. The only thing she asked for is that it be a yellow cake with strawberry filling. So after doing some browsing on flickr for some inspiration, I got to working on some adorable (at least in my opinion) farm animals made out of fondant.

I made three cows , 2 ducks and 2 pigs to sit on top of the cake. The spots and hooves on the cows were hand painted, as were the eyes for all the animals.

I thought it would be cute to decorate the sides of the cake with a bandanna print.


Along with the animals, I also made a cake with candle, party hat and blanket out of fondant. All things necessary for the animals to throw their own little birthday party on top of the cake.


I have to say I really had fun making this cake and I was really happy with how it turned out.

1 comment: