Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Peanut-5, Honey-39

This past weekend, I had the pleasure to make cakes for two very special people in my life. My oldest daughter Samantha, aka Peanut, turned the big five and my hubby Jeff, aka Honey, turned 39. On Saturday, we had a birthday party for Samantha, and I went with the theme of cupcakes.







First, I made the favors. I had seen on one of the blogs I read, these "cupcakes" made with candy, and thought they would be perfect. Now of course I found these "cupcakes" a week and half before her party, and I wasn't sure if I could get them in time. After thinking about it some more, I decided I could easily make my own "cupcakes". So off to the store to buy some Jelly beans and chocolate truffles for the cherry on top. I was pretty happy with how they turned out and the kids all seem to really like them.





The colors I had put on the invitations were pink, purple and green, so I just continued that to the cake.


Samantha likes polka dots. I figured it would be fun to cover the side of the cake with big dots with a cupcake here and there.



Here is the final outcome. Samantha was very pleased with it, although at one point she did tell me it was missing something. That something turned out to be Minnie Mouse, whom sadly did not make a appearance on the cake.




The next morning, while my hubby was sleeping (a perk of having a birthday fall on the weekend), I made up a cake for his birthday. I then hide the cake and surprised him with it for dinner. Both cakes where chocolate cake with a wonderful raspberry filling and chocolate frosting.


Happy Birthday Peanut and Honey! I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment