Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Get Your Fat On!

It's that time of the year...Fat Tuesday. The past couple of year, I have had some friends over for a Fat Tuesday Dessert Fest and this year was no exception. I like to make bite size goodies so you don't feel like your eating so much, even though you are.

So for this year's enjoyment here is the spread of yum.

I formed the rice krispie treats by putting them in my mini muffin tin.

These are some of my favorites to eat and probably one of my least favorite to make. I have been making chocolate dipped coconut macaroons for years now and they are still as good as the first time I had them.

I brushed the outside of these chocolate dipped mint oreos with some edible gold and metallic green dust just to help incorparate the colors of Mardi Gras.

Since I always have to have some kind of cake pop, I opted to make the "chocolate covered strawberries".

Since I knew I had a lot (and I do mean a lot) of chocolate items, I made some peanut butter and jelly cookies, aka thumbprint cookies.

You can never go wrong with brownies.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kris,
    Wish I had been there to try some of those goodies!!! They look delicious and I know they were. Hope there are a few left when I arrive tomorrow. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete